Camera & Depth Sensing Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
The Camera and Depth Sensing Team is looking for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to drive the design, development, and integration of camera and depth sensing modules. In this highly cross-functional role, you have the opportunity to craft the next generation of cameras and depth sensing modules for Apple's entire product line. Required to navigate through uncertainties, adapt to rapid changing scenarios, and lead complex decisions with the final goal to deliver the best technology into the hands of millions of people!
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience OR camera/depth sensing module design and development OR Project Management.
- In-depth technical engineering knowledge to effectively establish and manage project and operational KPIs, assess and drive technical and commercial risks, and critically challenge engineering decisions made in a cross-functional setting and high volume scenarios.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple global vendors.
- Willingness to focus and bring clarity in complex situations while multitasking data and variables in rapid development cycles.
- Skilled at handling accountability without control, knowing how to identify and drive priorities from among the multiple issues competing for your attention.
- This role requires frequent interactions with multiple teams. Excellent communication and conflict management skills are necessary for understanding what people care about and fostering trust.
Define and drive execution of build plans for multiple module integrators and component suppliers. Serve as the primary lead during module development and advocate for the best module performance throughout the organization. Responsible for driving camera and depth sensing modules on schedule, constantly engaged in pro-active risk management, and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. Focus the efforts of the hardware, software, mechanical engineering, and operations teams, bringing their expertise together to design, manufacture and integrate camera and laser modules for Apple's entire product line. Ability to travel internationally to support builds is required.
Education & Experience
BS DEGREE ME/EE/IE OR PHYSICS PREFERRED.