Software Engineer (Early Career)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS Data Services team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. The work we do here has a large impact on Apple. It enables our internal businesses to do their best work, & provide rich, engaging experiences to our customers and partners. We would love to hear from you if you're enthusiastic, highly motivated, and want to make an impact!
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following skills Java, C/C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java Script, CSS
- Deep understanding of relational database methodologies such as Data Modeling, Validation, and Processing
- Knowledge of Container management platforms and container runtimes ( Docker) with applications is a plus
- Good understanding Client-Server protocol & API designs
- Knowledge of key/value and column stores
- Able to gather multi-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
The ideal candidate is passionate about Apple products and technologies and is open to the possibility of being pushed outside of his or her comfort zone. To be successful in this position, you'll be able to show initiative, learn new technologies quickly, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You should be dedicated and prepared to work independently. As a developer, you will have the opportunity to fix bugs in upcoming software releases, be the first to test out new APIs and functionality by developing internal applications, or develop a proof-of-concept application that could become part of product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master's degree or software development experience, or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.