Packaging Engineering Project Specialist (EPS)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s HW Engineering Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to manage and assist with Configuration Management, Vendor and Logistics Management. Preferred candidate is a strategic problem solver who can lead and work with cross-functional teams to manage Build of Materials (BOMs), track details to support the engineering development builds, prioritize issues, and multi-task.
- Extensive understanding of Configuration Management / Manufacturing Process and BOM structuring, preferably with experience using AGILE and HW Development platforms
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) with proficiency in Excel
- Unparalleled multi-tasking abilities, must be able to manage, organize and maintain large quantities of data
- Top notch critical thinking skillset
- Ability to react to resets and changes in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent organization and conflict resolution skills with the ability to see around corners
- Experience with overseas vendors
As an EPS in the Packaging and Retail and Events team, you will be working closely with various Engineering Teams, Engineering Program Managers, Global Commodity Managers, New Product Operations Team and Marcom. You will be responsible for: Create, manage and expedite Engineering Change Orders, Manufacturer Change Orders Maintain BOM's (Bill of Materials,) AML's (Approved Manufacturer's List) and part numbers for multiple projects Reviewing and approving engineering change orders, providing feedback to engineers when necessary Communicating BOM status within the development team while driving timely part releases and corresponding documentation Build support owning DRP activities in Nimbus and working with EPM and FATP to make sure all parts are added for each build
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time- away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.