SWE - Swift Playgrounds Localisation QA Engineer - L&RE
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
The European Localisation Quality team is seeking a highly motivated software quality engineer to help us ship world-class products to our international customers! We are looking for highly-versatile, energetic individuals to play a key role in shipping outstanding, best-in-class products. Our team works in a fast-paced environment interacting with translators, software engineers and project managers. We are responsible for qualifying a variety of software products through manual and automated testing. If you are passionate about Apple software and want to help us ensure a high-quality customer experience, we would like to hear from you!
- Fluent in a European language.
- Deep knowledge of linguistics.
- Full working proficiency of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy breaking our software in order to improve it.
- Experience in software localisation.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, with the flexibility to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent team player with a meticulous attitude and attention to details.
- Ideal candidate would have some real-world quality automation or software development experience.
- Ideal candidate would have some linguistics experience.
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design, high-quality technology and products.
- Perform manual localisation testing on software, print documents, help and hardware while identifying linguistic and international functionality issues. - Report issues found, provide pertinent information and follow solutions to their conclusion. - Identify areas of improvement in existing tools and processes and address those issues with innovative solutions. - Work cross-functionally with international software quality centres, engineering teams, translators and project managers. - Successful candidates will be proactive, able to work independently and collaborate with a large amount of stakeholders on numerous concurrent projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent experience.