Database Engineer (Early Career)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Data Services (ISDS) organization is looking for passionate, self-motivated and hard-working engineers to be part of a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team. We are seeking Backend Database Engineers to build high quality, scalable and resilient systems that power our platforms. You will be responsible for developing some of the key components of our platforms, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements. You will be contributing to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails.
- Previous internship or job experience in a software engineer position
- Strong Programming skills
- Experience developing code in Go and Python is a plus
- Working experience in SQL and NoSQL databases (Mongo, MySQL , Graph, Clickhouse preferred)
- Proven experience in Spring and REST
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services For some positions, experience with public clouds may be required (GCP & AWS)
- Experience working with AI/ML
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills with attention to detail
- Good time management skills and can incrementally deliver to tight schedules
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies, processes and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) and tools
- Code Repositories like Git (GitHub)
- Repository managers like Artifactory, Nexus
You will design and implement features in applications that enable Apple’s teams to work effortlessly. You will chip in to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails. Collaborating with other group’s to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting rapidly changing environment. The systems being implemented are high-demand, operating at hyper-scale and handling extraordinarily large volumes of critical data - some of the largest in the world. The team is looking for software engineers with a strong interest and aptitude in the latest tools, technologies and techniques.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in CS, CE, ECE, EECS, IS, IT and other related fields of study Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.