Sr. Functional Safety Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Special Projects Group is looking for an exceptional engineer with experience in product safety analysis, requirements engineering, hazard & risk analysis, and multi-disciplinary product development experience in safety critical mechatronic applications. You will work in a highly cross functional environment decomposing product features into system requirements, identifying hazards and performing risk analyses, designing architectures to mitigate risks, and producing safety analyses. You will collaborate closely with a variety of product development teams to ensure designs are implemented, verified, and validated according to system requirements and safety targets. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary environment (electronics, software, control systems, algorithm development, mechanical, thermal, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of complex mechatronic systems
- Develop new products from concept through production
- Experience with Concept Trade Studies, Requirement Development and Allocation, and
- Functional Decomposition
- Fluency in system modeling tools such as State Machines, Data Flow Diagrams, Block Diagrams, and Context Diagrams
- Experience using deductive and inductive failure analysis tools such as FTA (Fault Tree Analysis) and FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Experience using problem solving tools such as Ishikawa diagrams (a.k.a. fishbone diagrams), 5 Whys, 8D, etc.
- First-hand understanding of systems engineering standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 61508, DO-178C, etc.
- First-hand experience using requirements management tools such as DOORS, TeamCenter, Polarion, etc
You will be performing safety analysis and developing safety concepts for various electromechanical systems. You will be expected to work closely with cross functional teams during the design, development, and verification phases of the product development life cycle. As part of the safety analysis, you will be performing risk assessment, inductive and deductive safety analysis, generating safety concepts, writing safety requirements, evaluating diagnostic designs, assessing hardware failure metrics, and etc. - Knowledge of SysML, UML or other system modeling languages - Experience with Simulink / Matlab - Experience with software coding standards CMMI, SPICE (ISO/IEC 15504), MISRA C - Experience with real time embedded control systems - Experience with electronics circuit design and analysis - Experience with creating FMEDAs (Failure Modes Effects and Diagnostic Analysis)
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in engineering - 7 years work experience on multiple products that have entered production / safety engineering experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace