AI/ML - Intern (Machine Learning Research) - MLR
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. Play a part in building the next revolution of machine learning technology! The Machine Learning Research team is looking for a passionate PhD student to carry out cutting-edge research in the fields of generalization, compositionality, robustness and representation learning; with particular attention to fairness and bias in AI. As a member of the Machine Learning Research team, you will work on some of the most exciting technical problems, collaborate with world-class machine learning researchers and engineers, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and be published in international conferences
- Proven research expertise in machine learning. Good knowledge in the topics of generalization, compositionality, robustness and representation learning; and a passion for fairness and bias in AI.
- Strong publication record in relevant conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH, KDD, ACL, FAccT).
- Good programming skills in Python.
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- Strong mathematical skills in linear algebra and statistics.
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment and implement solutions.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment.
Are you passionate about advancing the state-of-the-art and pursuing great innovation? Are you interested in developing innovative machine learning algorithms for extraordinary products? You will help to identify gaps in the research field, define the internship research agenda, and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will receive technical mentorship and guidance, while providing your passion and skills in order to build innovative solutions and publish in an international conference. You have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively together with other researchers and product teams. You will have the chance to see how we innovate on products and highly-visible features that are used by millions every day. You will be responsible for delivering ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy.
Education & Experience
Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.