iOS Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we want to make phenomenal products that empower people to improve their lives. The Sensing Software team is seeking a talented iOS Engineering Manager / Tech Lead to lead an Applications Development team. Our fantastic team of engineers build platforms that enable development of next generation features for our customers. Come, join us in our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- At least 7+ years in software development, 3+ years in leading engineering initiatives
- Experience developing and deploying high quality applications for iOS/iPadOS/watchOS in the App Store
- Experience delivering customer facing and business critical applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and working with backend team on a full-stack solution
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for front-end / app development as well as distributed back-end server
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong grasp of iOS Apple development tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, and Instruments) and iOS/watchOS SDK
- Ability to work well and respectfully with others by listening, communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge
- A track record of leading projects, mentoring peers and collaborating with technical and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate between different teams and partners, making the right trade-offs in dealing with complexity and conflicting priorities.
We’re looking for a strong Engineering Manager / Tech lead who can lead the development of strategic iOS/iPadOS platforms that enable development of next generation features. In this role, you will (1) Lead and manage the Applications Development team (2) Drive end to end system engineering and architecture for cross-functional programs (3) Collaborate with the data science teams to translate innovative product requirements to engineering specs. This position requires an ambitious manager with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
- Experience in integration and deploying CoreML Models is a strong plus Experience with cloud platforms is a strong plus Experience working with sensor data is a strong plus (e.g. cameras, image sensors). Strong interest and background in image captures & related topics is a plus.