AR/VR Technical Artist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple’s Technology Development Group is seeking a senior FX Artist to build applications in a new medium. This team is working with Apple’s most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a rare and rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Proficiency with custom shading. Experience of Houdini VEX, HLSL, or other shading languages are required.
- Proficient geometry manipulation skill-sets.
- Proficiency with particle simulations. Ability of controlling the motion and look of particles with logics.
- Proficiency with procedural animation.
- Strong understanding of animation fundamentals, including timing and appeal.
- Strong communication skills to build and work in collaborative work environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of 3D content principles.
- Expertise in handling various types of geometry and dataset, including points, volumetric, polygons, and textures.
- Ability of setting up pipelined automated rigs.
- Good ‘’eye’' toward timing, variation and composition.
- Ability to create outputs from observing natural phenomena, with comprehension of physics and with analytical thought process.
- Realtime FX experience is a plus.
The ideal FX Artist for this role flourishes with undefined challenges in an evolving domain and plays a critical role in cross-department collaborations. You will be designing and creating dynamic elements associated with 3D objects and scenes to give them life and character. You are also responsible for building elements of user interface such as visual effects guiding the user's attention and providing visual feedback on user actions. You will join projects at varying stages of production, ranging from rapid prototyping, to delivering performant and scalable production assets, to polishing and optimizing UI assets for shipping. This role requires a keen understanding of state of the art in real-time graphics and an ambition to produce visually stunning CG content while navigating through unique technical challenges.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science / BA in Digital Media / Equivalent industry experience
- Passion for emerging technologies and product development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Portfolio with varying artistic styles, photorealistic or stylized
- Experience in Motion Graphics or Compositing
- Proficiency in the procedural content generation
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Deep understanding of 3D math and geometry
- Experience shipping cross-platform applications