Graphic Designer - Social & Video
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an outstanding graphic designer to join the AppleCare Digital Social & Video team. This role will be responsible for developing, crafting and performing a variety of graphic design projects from concepts through production and post production. You’ll join a cross-functional team working on the AppleCare Digital channel portfolio, using multiple delivery mechanisms to help educate a global audience. The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, detail oriented, self-starter, and excellent communicator with outstanding organizational skills and able to operate independently with transparency.
- 5+ years of experience in a brand or mixed-media/social production environment.
- Technical proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch. After Effects a plus.
- An ability to work within established brand identity systems, style guides, and shared design projects
- Precise attention to detail, combined with an ability to analyze the hierarchy of information
- You are a strong communicator that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, engage in healthy debate, and accept directional feedback.
- Proven ability across the fields of graphic design, typography, photo retouching and illustration
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Apple products, solutions, and related technologies
- Understand when we have to leave good ideas behind (in pursuit of great ones)
- Be willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes
Works independently, or with little supervision, using various pieces of software and hardware for the creation of world-class instructional assets for social media and web placement. Collaborate with content creators, business partners, producers, photographers, and motion graphics artists to bring stories and concepts to life. Develop well-conceived creative work that implements the business strategy. Innovate and drive best-practices for an efficient post-production graphics pipeline/workflow Maintain organization skills to file work in a manner that can be shared with the team. Uses Apple software to build artistic and impressive content when required and understands that beautiful content can be crafted with all of our tools.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Must submit a portfolio website that clearly demonstrates design work.
- Show proficiency in design through a design assignment.