Apple Pay - Software Engineer (Platform)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Apple Pay team is looking for engineers who can help us design and deliver the next generation systems powering Apple Pay. This initiative will enable first-to-market features that differentiate our products. Working alongside our team of engineers you’ll design, build and nurture key systems underpinning our in-house data platform. Apple is committed to creating a diverse working environment for everyone and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or immigrant status. Come join our team and be part of this initiative!
- Significant experience designing, building and utilising data platforms using industry standard technologies like Scala, Spark, HDFS, S3, Parquet, NoSQL.
- Supporting large scale data processing pipelines for streaming and computing with data technologies like Spark, Kafka and Kubernetes.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, demonstrating problem-solving skills and a learning mentality to build long-term relationships.
- Solid understanding of governance/security concepts and technologies (examples: encryption, anonymisation, PCI, PII, etc.).
- Some experience deploying code to cloud platforms and associated tooling (examples: AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, Spinnaker).
• Build and maintain key services underpinning our data platform, such as Access Control, Data Governance, Job Scheduling, Querying etc. • Collaborate with our infrastructure and security teams to ensure compliance with constraints and prioritise accordingly. • Engage with users of the platform to understand and anticipate their needs. • Participate, learn and share knowledge with fellow engineers.
Education & Experience
BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS AN ADVANTAGE:
- • Prior exposure to payments and banking domains and technologies (examples: payment schemes, ISO8583).
- • Work on microservice architectures with service mesh on Kubernetes.
- • Comfortable with JVM language like Java, Scala or Kotlin.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.