Unix Systems Engineer - Global Infrastructure Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a Unix Systems Engineer who will be responsible for global operations within Apple’s Global Infrastructure Operations group, supporting Apple’s Global Compute Systems. This role requires skills in cross organisational collaborations to operate and maintain the Global Compute infrastructure. You will develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with operations and known issues.
- 2+ years Linux/UNIX systems administration in medium to large environments.(1,000+ hosts)
- Knowledge of Red Hat-based Linux.
- Coordination of maintenance and event resolution efforts between customers and vendors in an enterprise environment.
- LPIC-1 or RHCSA.
- Chef, Puppet, Git.
- Self-starter, motivated to learn in a dynamic environment and comfortable in a team.
- Flexibility to work in Shifts.
- Project Management.
Our Operations Center serves as the central point for monitoring, event management, and coordination of resolution efforts for our GIO teams. You will work with teams to investigate, identify, and implement solutions in a team-oriented and challenging environment. We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative System Administrator who has the skills and experience to support Apple's global infrastructure. Work independently, and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Linux-based systems. Perform all duties of Linux administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Work on Improving the current architecture to improve efficiency. Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution Work on Bare metal server and need to understand how the hardware of Linux OS works. Install new software, modules, or configuration changes from centralised management system. In this role you need to obsess over minute details and to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible. In addition to the required technical skills, this position also demands strong interpersonal skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
BE / B.Tech in IT or Computer Science is preferred
- Experience with Kickstart, KVM, AWS,Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in KVM/AWS environment
- Experience with Ansible / Ansible Tower
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and subnets
- Deep understanding of iptables & SELINUX
- UNIX-related software/scripting development in one or more of the following: Python, Shell & Golang