High Speed Logic Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help design the next groundbreaking Apple product! If you are eager to work on challenges that no one has solved yet you will have an outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5 years of industry experience and possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in transistor- and gate-level static timing and noise analysis.
- Experience in transistor- and gate-level high speed custom logic design.
- Experience in timing / SDC constraints generation development and management.
- Experience in RTL design and simulation is a plus.
- Experience with NanoTime, PrimeTime, and Tempus STA tools.
- Good understanding of tool algorithms for noise glitch, cross-talk delay, and margining with OCV / AOCVM / POCV.
- Proficiency in circuit modeling and simulation, including SPICE models and worst-case corner selection.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Tcl and Perl/Python).
- Familiarity with synthesis, logic equivalence, DFT, and backend related methodologies and tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with ECO techniques and implementation is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will be part of a design team developing solutions for the most advanced Wireless transceivers. You will perform timing analysis on custom and semi-custom design circuits, delivery timing views to integration teams. You will work closely with custom design, and digital design engineers, and cross-functional teams at silicon and module levels. Responsibilities includes: • Custom design timing closure ownership throughout the entire project cycle. • Develop and implement STA constraints from specifications. • Perform block- and chip-level static timing and noise analysis. • Work with RTL and custom design teams on timing changes and propose correct-by-construction designs and methodologies. • Evaluate and design block interface concepts with System-engineering team. • Assist design verification and DFT team to debug functional and testing issues. • Assist CAD in developing and maintaining methodologies and flows related to timing verification and closure.
Education & Experience
Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.