Accessibility Software Engineer - iOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you have a passion for mobile development? Are you interested in creating software that promotes equality and inclusion for everyone? Here at Apple we believe that technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone. Our team, the Vision Accessibility team is looking for a Software Engineer who can contribute to an accessible experience on iOS and tvOS.
- Motivated to learn new programming languages and development environments.
- Well grounded in essential algorithms and data structures.
- Passionate about writing high quality software with an emphasis on correctness, readability and testability.
- Familiar with testing technologies such as unit tests, integration tests and UI tests.
- Persistent in using debuggers and other problem solving techniques to track down and fix bugs.
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented attitude
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
Apple's Accessibility team is looking for a motivated and driven iOS Software Engineer to help develop its various assistive technologies including VoiceOver, Magnifier and everything in between! In our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line. The successful candidate will be challenged to create and maintain a consistent experience across a diverse platform landscape. This will require you to apply your understanding of computer science fundamentals in a variety of environments, each with its own design architecture, development tools and debugging techniques. You will need to solve problems and fix bugs that may require learning new technologies and collaborate with colleagues who specialize in these domains. Finally, you must be motivated to create unique solutions to support a wide audience. This will involve collaborating with designers and accessibility experts. Critical thinking and the ability to innovate are requirements for this position, however no prior experience with accessibility software is required. You’ll join a focused team, but also work closely with the larger Accessibility organization at Apple. You will frequently interact with many groups at Apple to deliver ground breaking features. Here you’ll find that we: Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. Provide a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the following programming languages would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience with these technologies would also be beneficial, but not required:
- Apple platform development (iOS, tvOS etc).
- Development tools such as Xcode, Visual Studio etc.
- Unit testing frameworks and technologies
- Continuous integration systems
- Source code versioning systems (git)