Legal Counsel - Real Estate
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. As a part of Apple Legal, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Real Estate Law group has a fantastic opportunity for a real estate transactional attorney. This is a chance to work with the teams acquiring, designing, and developing Apple’s retail stores and cutting-edge corporate facilities.
- 3-7 years of experience in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including leasing, acquisitions, and development services.
- Excellent deal management capability, strong written and verbal communication skills, powerful analytical prowess, and an interest in learning.
- Candidates should be able to work on a team but also handle significant individual responsibilities.
- Creative and organized problem-solver who can drive transactions and analyze and resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways.
- Experience with international transactions, land use, affordable housing, and EHS matters is desirable.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for providing counsel and transaction support for Apple’s global real estate portfolio, including leasing, acquiring, and developing retail stores, campuses, offices, data centers, and other specialized facilities. The job involves front-line legal work as well as participation in strategic discussions on how to best satisfy Apple’s business requirements. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide range of matters across the globe in a fast-paced environment and develop a broad skill set. Successful candidates will embrace the challenge of solving complex issues creatively and efficiently and will demonstrate an ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with legal and business colleagues.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required