Legal Counsel - Commercial (Retail Online)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Legal Counsel to join its Retail Legal team to support the digital face of Apple – its Online business. As part of the team, you will join a diverse and practically-minded group of attorneys that support the Apple Online Store and Apple’s Retail Customer Care center, as well as Apple’s 500+ physical brick-and-mortar Apple Retail Stores, worldwide.
- Experience advising on e-commerce, commercial, marketing, and consumer protection issues.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills working on complex commercial agreements and policies
- Experience working with wireless carriers preferred:
- Negotiating carrier promotion, financing, and commissioning agreements
- Reviewing and drafting legal disclosures for carrier promotion/financing marketing
- Reviewing online buy flows for carrier promotions and financing
- Product or program counseling experience
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, handling a variety of matters at once, and shifting gears frequently and flexibly.
- Experience working with global and cross-functional teams and enjoys building strong working relationships.
- 3-6 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter mentality, excellent attention to detail, and sound judgment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior time-management skills and ability to project-manage.
- Comfort building and delivering presentations (preferably in Keynote)
- High emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and a genuinely collaborative spirit.
There is no typical day when you support Apple Retail, and you will wear many hats in this role. In this role, you will primarily support our Apple Online Store, Apple Store App and Retail Customer Care teams. A successful candidate will be someone who has a broad skillset and takes pride in being able to adapt those skills to the changing needs of the business. To name just a few, you may find yourself negotiating commercial agreements, reviewing marketing materials, re-designing webflows, advising on strategic commercial initiatives, launching new promotions and events, fielding executive consumer escalations, or navigating regulatory compliance and new legislation. The ideal candidate will embrace the challenge of resolving complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and efficient ways and will demonstrate a superior ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with both legal and business colleagues alike. As a member of the team, you will be an integrated business partner and have the opportunity to contribute to the success of one of the world’s most successful retailers.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar.