Boulder, Colorado, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Optical Engineer to join a groundbreaking team working on new product development.
- Proficiency in at least one or more optical modeling tools such as LightTools, Zemax, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of image quality measurements (MTF, optical source characterization, uniformity, and radiometry)
- Experience with broad range of optical system design concepts that center around diffractive optics and able to conceptualize, design and evaluate end to end optical systems to meet critical performance characteristics.
- Attentive to detail, with demonstrated ability to produce professional high-quality proposals and presentations.
- Hands-on experience with Matlab for in-depth optical modeling of diffractive optical designs when standard packages cannot be used..
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development
Apple is seeking a person to help in the development of cutting edge optical systems and architectures that enhance Apple products in a variety of ways. This person will be responsible for conceptualization, design, and modeling such systems using cutting edge simulations tools to analyze feasibility and performance. We are seeking scientific thinkers who can reduce to practice methods of evaluating novel optical architectures that utilize a variety of components that may include diffractive structures, cameras, uDisplays, lasers, LED’s and variety of other optical components. Understanding how to model complex optical behavior in a variety of imaging and non-imaging optical architectures is important. We encourage self-directed work teams and require everyone to be highly self motivated. A successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with technologists, engineers and others for continuing to push the technology envelope. Expect this work to include interfacing with cross-functional teams responsible for designing and producing exciting new technologies.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS with 5+ years of experience in optical engineering
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Optical Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.