RF Systems Engineer
Lund, Skåne, Sverige
At Apple, you will have an incredible opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies that reside within innovative consumer devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch & Mac. As wireless consumer devices pack more features and sensors into smaller form factors, impact on RF performance becomes more significant. As a System RF Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on the intricate and complex issues that that impact the product design and architecture to deliver the best in class wireless performance for Apple devices. We are looking for a dedicated and dynamic individual that can thrive in a flexible, innovative and fast paced work environment.
- Knowledgeable in analog, digital and mixed-signal circuit analysis.
- Knowledgeable in RF design with technical understanding of radio technologies : cellular, connectivity, GPS, NFC, etc.
- Familiarity with RF schematic and PCB layout best practices and guidelines.
- Ability to debug System RF issues and characterize nature of aggressor/victim.
- Good problem solving skills and a flair for understanding the physics of radiated noise coupling mechanisms.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic simulations and familiarity with commercial EM tools
- Hands on knowledge of general purpose RF test equipment.
- Willingness to travel to overseas manufacturing facilities to support builds from prototype phase to mass production.
- Able to thrive in cross-functional work environments.
- Willingness to learn and go after the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
On the team you will engage with a rewarding variety of responsibilities: - Wireless system-level validation - Determine the effects of product operation to wireless performance. - Understand system architecture to identify potential noise sources. - Investigate and debug wireless performance issues. - Improving test methods to increase the likelihood of success of future products. - Review product designs at the schematic, board layout, and physical design levels - Organize lab results into reports to be discussed and presented to cross functional teams - Propose corrective actions to address sensitivity issues uncovered during testing.
Utbildning och erfarenhet
Bachelor Degree in EE/CS/CE or equivalent. Master Degree preferred.