Apple Podcasts - Podcast Manager, Australia and New Zealand
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a multifaceted, highly motivated and passionate Podcast Manager with a content or subscription background for Apple Podcasts across Australia and New Zealand. You will be instrumental in driving growth through initiatives that are focused on acquiring new partners and content creators, collaborating with partners to enable them to optimise their content on platform, driving engagement for existing partners and content creators and providing our listeners with the best possible customer experience through relevant and engaging editorial and curation. You’ll make sure that our programs are implemented to the highest standard and with maximum effect, working cross-functionally to achieve the best results.
- As our ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Your passion for podcasts and technology.
- Solid project management skills, strong ability to collaborate with multiple partners, prioritise high impact activities, and to keep projects moving forward.
- Partnership building and partner management skills, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships with both internally and externally.
- Successful partner pitching and onboarding track record, with experience pitching, negotiating and onboarding partners.
- Deep knowledge of podcasts, editorial, strategies and industry trends.
- Understanding of the iOS ecosystem, monetisation, customer engagement and acquisition models.
- Goals-oriented and analytical, with a focus on attention to detail.
- Enjoy collaborating with a variety of teams and personalities
- Drive for results — a proven track record of making things happen within a matrix environment
- Influencing — ability to drive objectives through key internal and external relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills — comfortable in delivering messages to all levels of an organisation.
- A familiarity with subscriptions will be highly valuable, particularly experience in models that combine free and paid content on a single platform.
- An understanding of subscription models and how editorial can be used to drive engagement with paid content.
- An ability to work collaboratively to help grow subscriptions on Apple Podcasts, driving strategies that promote paid content while maintaining editorial authenticity.
In this role: You will define editorial plans for our Apple Podcasts, that are developed and implemented to a high standard, are locally relevant, have clear objectives and a measurable return on investment. You will be responsible for driving growth for Apple Podcasts through acquisition channels such as Strategic Partnerships and Editorial initiatives. You will collaborate with a broad range of internal partners such as Marketing and the global podcast teams DFN to ensure all programs are aligned with business objectives. You will analyse and optimise all projects and campaigns to find opportunities to grow based on customer insights that are aligned with Apple values. Developing partnerships with third party partners such as media and content creators to deliver subscriber growth initiatives. Working cross-functionally within Apple and with content creators in Australia and New Zealand to implement programs with excellence. You will prepare and present recommendations, reports, and findings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level to help develop programs.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Marketing, Analytics, Business or Economics.