CAD Electromigration/ IR Drop (EMIR) Intern
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- Solid understanding of Computer Architecture concepts
- General knowledge in the basic functionality of analog circuits
- Good knowledge of analog integrated circuit physical design and process and reliability effects
- Experience with at least one programming language (Perl, Python, Skill, TCL)
- Familiar with Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre tools
- Understanding of transistor-level EMIR analysis for multiple modes like static and dynamic functional modes etc. is beneficial
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (English)
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Ability to work on multi-functional projects with a globally located team
- Available for 6 months or more
With mentorship, you will develop tools and utilities to improve efficiency and ensure Apple delivers the best products to our millions of customers. Working as a CAD Engineering Intern requires strong communication skills with good knowledge of Advanced Computer Science concepts as you have to collaborate with engineers, third parties and other cross function teams within Apple to add new and innovative features. The role is focused on tools and methodologies to ensure the robust Physical Design of the IC power grid.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD).
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.