Imaging and Sensing Incubation - Systems Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Incubation Team develops prototype hardware systems that are fundamental to delivering future products & features. The team is seeking a skilled System Validation Engineer for high performance hardware systems supporting Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Photography applications that break new ground in Technology and User Experience. This hands-on role offers an incredible opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team working on challenging projects with high impact on new features, while working with and learning from world-class experts in multiple disciplines, contributing on exciting design applications employing custom machine vision, depth, and traditional imaging sensors.
- Experienced, self-driven engineer with great initiative and a proven track record of delivering high quality systems
- Ability to drive test and validation plans for cross functional teams
- Comfortable working through ambiguity
- Demonstrates deep understanding of system-level test impact and weighs level of risk vs schedule
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Thorough, disciplined, methodical approach, with good documentation habits
- Scripting skills in Python enabling test automation, logging and data analysis
- Experience integrating cameras into system electronic and mechanical architecture, with an understanding of optics/sensor/image pipeline preferred.
Job responsibilities include: - Requirements definition, architecture, coordinating cross-functional design & development, small- to medium-scale production, test & calibration, and support through the full system lifecycle. - Collaborate with computer vision algorithm teams as well as system & module teams to interpret and negotiate system test requirements. - Propose and negotiate system design for test that can be cross-functionally supported in the timeframes necessary to meet program objectives. - Coordinate cross-functional deliverables & dependencies to align with dynamic project goals. - Coordinate and assist in bring-up, debug, production, test, calibration, and verification plans to ensure high quality systems are delivered. - Thoroughly document and support each of above steps.
Education & Experience
MS with 5+ years—or BS with 7+ years—relevant industry experience