Apple Pay - Site Reliability Engineer (Platform)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe it's the diversity of these people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple to become a part of our dedicated team! Apple Pay Engineering is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who can lead and mentor an emerging team of SREs to design, deliver and support the next generation systems powering Apple Pay. You would join a team responsible for providing scalability, reliability and maintainability solutions for our ever growing business and data processing needs. Are you interested in solving the most sophisticated and high scale challenges in the world today? Do you like the idea of running critical financial services that are used by millions of people all over the globe? Do you want to help change how the world uses their wallet and money? If you love to tackle internet scale challenges on critical financial systems then this is the right job for you!
- Application development experience in object-oriented and functional programming languages, preferably Java / Scala / Kotlin.
- Experience designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Acute drive to automate, to constantly replace manual operations with automated solutions.
- Experience and proficiency in event-based and log-based monitoring systems, deployment tools, and cloud computing.
- Excellent code-debugging/optimisation, analytical problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate day-to-day operations to ensure thorough hand-off to regional SRE teams.
- A desire to constantly learn new technologies and stay abreast of the distributed computing landscape and drive digital transformation.
- Drive high levels of engagement through discovery sessions, enablement and solution positioning with executives and technical partners.
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Consistent track record of taking ownership of exciting problems and successfully delivering results.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience running and scaling large enterprise applications in a critical “follow-the-sun” environment.
- Fast learner who is generous with their knowledge.
- Self-directed, demonstrates leadership skills, and a great teammate.
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, and Continuous Delivery platforms like Spinnaker, is a plus.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering field that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This position requires a highly motivated individual who loves sophisticated challenges in a fast-paced environment. You will support payments services to ensure the services are functional, work on improving reliability and availability, will think creatively, and come up with innovative solutions to automate the manual support activities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Education & Experience
• BS or higher in a technical field or meaningful experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.