PMU Analog Design Intern (m/f/d)
Nabern, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
At Apple, we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a team with dynamic strengths, we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need, we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers, we drive precision. And through our process, we build memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates excellence, creativity and innovation. Do you love to work on challenges that no one has resolved yet? The Power Management team is seeking a forward-thinking and innovative Analog Design Intern in our Nabern office close to Kirchheim Teck. In this role, you will be taking part in the design of our devices and assist with delivering high quality chips in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area, power and efficiency goals.
- Coursework focusing on analog design techniques
- Familiarity with transistor level design
- Familiarity with Virtuoso schematic editor
- Understanding of basic design structures like operational Amplifier, current mirrors
- Ability to work efficiently in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Available for 6 months or more
With mentorship, you will work within the Analog Design Team to refine or create requirements and specifications, collaborate with the Digital Design and Design Verification teams, create/update analog designs, and run simulations to check your work. This internship could include tasks such as design of an amplifier or high performance comparator. Your designs will need to balance energy efficiency and area constraints with project schedule and maintainability. You may also review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues and ensure maximal QoR throughout your design. With mentorship, you will work on following fields: - Design best in class analog sub-circuits and verify compliancy to specification - Define a DfT strategy and implementation for all blocks keeping in mind performance and test time - Work with multi-functional teams across Apple to support product development (Custom Layout, Digital Design and Silicon Validation) as well as mass production (Test, Quality and Productization)
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate or last year of studies in EE or related field (Master's or PhD).
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.