ANZ Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager Support (contract)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Why Apple? At Apple, we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we build memorable experiences for our customers! These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. If you want to be a part of our fast-paced and exciting Apple team, join us as our ANZ Finished Goods Distribution Centre Manager Support on a 12-24 month contract. This Sydney based role is responsible to support the management and execution of the DC operations for Australia and New Zealand. The role covers DC activities encompassing inbound, outbound, reverse logistics and value added services. You will support all aspects of the day-to-day operations, managing the 3rd party logistics providers (3PLs) to meet service levels.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in logistics or supply chain with in-depth functional knowledge of key logistics processes and inventory management.
- Equipped with strong business and operations knowledge within the relevant field, including B2C and Retail operations.
- Strong vendor management skills and working experience with Distribution Centre 3PLs.
- Experience in a B2B or B2C leading company and DC automation is highly advantageous.
- Strong people management experience.
- Highly adaptable and resilient to the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team.
- Positive energy and attitude with an appetite for personal growth.
- Advanced analytical skills with strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and cope well in complex changing environment.
- Programmatic approach to driving day to day execution and projects.
- Creative thinker with a practical approach to problem solving and process improvements.
Support the following: - Management of the 3PLs SLA performance, warehouse spend, system reconciliations and SOW compliance in accordance with Apple’s requirements. - Driving the 3PLs towards operations excellence on areas such as, but not limited to, operations execution, losses and damage, continuous improvement programs, inventory accuracy and sustainability. - Lead the 3PL’s and their resources to support any required operations activities such as on-time execution, analytics and reporting, exceptions management, shipping accuracy issues, etc. - Partnering with 3PLs during key events such as new product launches, store opening to ensure a flawless and successful execution. - Driving periodic review of 3PLs’ end-to-end platform to ensure scalability and growth. - Collaboration with 3PLs for strategic initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, processes & systems. - Cross functional teams in capital projects as the Subject Matter Expert. Develop executable BCPs within the supply chain network. - Ad-hoc project implementation and change management.
Education & Experience
University bachelor's degree in business administration; supply chain operations, logistics or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.