Apple Media Products - Software Engineering Manager - Distributed Database
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
- A successful track-record or proven aptitude as a hands-on technical leader or software engineering manager
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional technical teams
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in grey areas
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high-performance engineering team
- Proven knowledge of algorithms & data structures
- Deeper understanding of distributed systems and scalable KV data stores and how they work
The AMP Data Services Team is a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. The team is taking responsibility for a key distributed database technology that helps power these global services. We’re looking for someone ready to work at huge scale and have a hand in bringing amazing new products and services to market. We are searching for a hands-on Manager who has experience in database and scalable systems development. In this highly visible position, you will lead and collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that can rapidly scale and serve personalized and non-personalized data with very low latency. Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our leaders - Passion for building the best systems! We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. If you’re an all round technical leader with an interest in, and experience of, large scale data technologies and systems we’d love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.