K-12 Education Inside Sales Account Executive
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. For over 40 years, we’ve had the privilege of working alongside educators around the world. From that experience, we know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the unique genius in every learner, so they can make a difference. As a K-12 Education Inside Sales Account Executive, you will drive revenue from Apple’s existing customer base. This position reports to the Inside Sales Region Manager and is responsible for driving sales growth in an assigned territory from Apple's core and development accounts as defined by Education Sales Operations. In this role, you will maintain and grow sales in Apple’s core accounts and strive to gain significant increases in sales from our development accounts in order to transform the way people teach, learn, and work. This position is located on-site at our Apple campus in Austin, Texas.
- No matter the audience, you are an expert at presenting. And, you’re cool under pressure. You make the complex simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You empower others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of how our hardware, software and services integrate.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. As a go to person with leadership, you are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to contribute to your team. You enjoy a collaborative environment with open dialogue and debate. You empower your teammates to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you are eager to step up to the plate and bring your knowledge to the table.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
Our Inside Sales Account Executives are proficient at understanding our structure, decision-making process, and political considerations in Apple’s existing accounts. We call and influence at all levels in the accounts and understand the needs and issues facing our customers. We influence the funding situation for our customers and develop account plans with assigned field Account Executives that incorporate Apple-based solutions to meet the customers needs. We build sales opportunities and projects to increase sales and establish a dominant share position within these accounts. In addition, we articulate and effectively present Apple’s education leadership messages and apply Apple’s Complex Sales methodology to close opportunities within accounts. We work as an effective part of our customer's sales team with Account Executives, Leadership Executives, Systems Engineers, Inside Systems Engineers, and Strategic Initiatives Groups, as needed. We also work with internal teams such as our SSO, AR, AFS, SW, Services, and FSE teams. We take ownership of accounts from the Acquisition Representatives after the account begins to purchase from Apple based on the criteria set by Education Operations. As a K-12 Education Inside Sales Account Executive, you will be required to provide timely and accurate pipeline and forecast information, administrative data, and sales activity reporting. You will also be responsible for achieving all goals defined by management for accounts, revenue, units, and line-of-business.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have consultative selling experience in business transformation solutions and developing channel growth strategies for business customers. In your experience, you’ve stabilized delivering on short-term goals, while crafting consistent value for customers and partners, and demand for the future.