Senior Financial Analyst, ANZ
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Partnering with the ANZ iPhone business, providing performance based insight into Apple’s indirect channel performance, unit demand forecasts and analysis of commercial risks and opportunities. The role is part of the dynamic Worldwide Sales Finance and local Finance teams, with strong alignment to global processes which are owned and managed locally. The role also provides management with reports, tools and benchmarking data to assist in decision making on a day to day basis. The role is highly visible and provides excellent exposure to local and global sales and finance leadership. This visibility provides the opportunity to develop a global network of relationships and build a deep understanding of the ANZ iPhone business and aid multiple stakeholders in influencing decision making based on the performance analysis provided by the analyst.
- Progressive commercial finance experience in a dynamic sales partnering environment.
- Strong analytical focus with business modelling and forecasting experience
- Proven ability to influence and challenge outcomes to drive results and assist in decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Big picture thinking with inherent curiosity to understand and own the detail
- Team player with complex spreadsheet modelling experience
Lead the weekly, quarterly and annual indirect channel sales and inventory forecasts for ANZ iPhone, building a detailed understanding of local markets, and how variables such as historical performance, new product introduction, seasonality, promotions, sales initiatives and macro economic factors impact current business trends across all products and routes to market. This forecasting along with analysis on pricing movements is used to then provide management reporting to assist in decision making on short term and long term basis. Benchmarking against other markets across all products and routes to market to assess the risk and opportunities that we face, which is subsequently applied to improve local understanding of markets and initiatives to drive performance. Support the sales team to maximise commercial opportunities, including new product introductions, and mitigate emerging risks. Building cross functional relationships is key to influencing product allocation to local markets and channel inventory positions and provide performance based reporting to management to further assist in the on going decision making process. Strong communication skills are essential with excellent exposure to local sales and finance leadership teams. With close alignment to the Worldwide Sales Finance team the role must leverage global networks to benchmark and evaluate local performance.
Education & Experience
Finance or Business related degree. MBA valuable but not essential.
- Role requires a hands on approach to anticipate and react to frequently changing business conditions in a rapid growth environment. An ability to demonstrate solid business judgement and a pragmatic approach under tight deadlines is essential as is a desire to be part of a successful, dynamic team.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.