Cellular Modem FW/SW System Engineer
Our Cellular PHY system team is looking for a passionate System Engineer to join us. The group is developing and integrating the PHY/L1 Layers of the 5G/4G Cellular modem. In this role, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on Modem FW system engineer with knowledge and understanding of Cellular Modem FW architecture with emphasis on PHY data and control flows. We are seeking a candidate with an ability to analyze, debug and triage RT FW problems including the development of debug tools as well as FW RT profiling.
- 5+ years of proven experience in FW Modem development and bring up in the lab
- Multiprocessor RT FW architecture and data/control flows
- Experience with C/C++, Matlab, and Python
- Good understanding of communication theory and signal processing of PHY layer
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms
- Experience in LTE/5G-NR Modem development - an advantage
- Experience in MAC/RRC layers - an advantage
- Knowledge of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) - an advantage
In this role you will be responsible for: - Master Cellular PHY/L1 protocols and implementation - PHY/L1C flows enablement by using base station emulators - Analyze large-scale multi processor RT FW architecture and flows (Power, DRx, Tx/Rx, Handover, Coex, etc.) - Develop RT FW debug and tracing tools - Debug and triage issues from lab and field trials - Evaluate HW/SW partitioning for optimizing system utilization - Collaborate in a cross-functional environment across multiple geographies
Education & Experience
B.Sc / M.Sc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.