Senior Backend Software Engineer - Weather Team
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Apple Weather team and help us keep millions of customers dry and prepared for the outdoors every single day!
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing high-performance, highly scalable systems in Java
- Hands-on experience optimizing runtime and resource usage in large-scale, high-throughout systems
- Proven history of developing fault-tolerant, consumer-facing systems
- Great understanding of software architecture, microservice orchestration, and the design trade-offs involved
- Experience developing APIs and microservices to support web, mobile, and backend clients
- Ability to champion high-quality engineering practices, take ownership, and mentor junior technical staff
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, with a focus on clarity and attention to detail
- Possess creative engineering and data problem solving skills
Apple’s Weather team is looking for a highly motivated, self starting individual who is ready to jump into the high-performance service architecture supporting weather across the company. We're looking for excellent communication skills and flexibility in engineering solutions, focused around high-performance, large-scale data processing and distribution. You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining systems supporting Apple Weather and consumers of weather data across our ecosystem, as well as finding ways to take the systems' architecture to the next level. In this position, you will also collaborate closely with other engineering and QA teams on an ongoing basis.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS CE or equivalent technical discipline.