Sr iOS Software Engineer - Weather, News, Stocks
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Software and Services
Be a leader on the team that delivers the best-in-class Weather, News, and Stocks experiences to millions of Apple users every day. Are you excited by crafting new features that bring together software, hardware and services? If so, then join us! The Weather, News, and Stocks team is looking for a passionate senior engineer to help us bring the next generation of experiences to iOS, watchOS, macOS, tvOS, and CarPlay.
- Deep understanding of the Swift language and type system
- Experience with some of the following technologies: UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation
- Some experience building apps with SwiftUI
- Ability to write performant concurrent code
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Superior ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work cross-team
- Inquisitive and highly-motivated self-starter
- Familiarity with “unidirectional data flow” frameworks like Redux, Elm, or The Composable Architecture is a plus
At Apple, we don’t just create products. We build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As the creators of Apple's Weather, News, and Stocks apps running on iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS, the engineers on our team have an enormous impact on the products we ship. We all care deeply about crafting experiences of the highest quality. To continue to deliver exceptional apps for our users, we are looking for someone who is ready to innovate, push the boundaries, and learn and embrace new technologies; someone who can help us continue to deliver beautiful, rock-solid apps that delight our users; someone who is ready to dig deep into content standards, UI frameworks, and platform APIs. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join our amazing team. If you feel that person is you, and are excited about what you've read, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience developing apps.