Display Silicon Applications Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The display silicon applications team develops a deep understanding of the performance and capabilities of our portfolio of custom silicon to enable new display features, capabilities and products as well as prototypes of new display technologies. The team plays a critical role in resolving silicon architecture and design issues and contributes to the definition and architecture of next generation custom silicon design for future products. Resourcefulness, collaboration skills, and taking a methodical approach are key attributes for the display silicon applications team.
- Working knowledge of digital logic design and architecture
- Experience with high speed serial interface test and measurement
- Understanding of digital communication interfaces: I2C, SPI
- Experience with use of test and measurements equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic and protocol analyzers.
- Experience with failure analysis and debug of highly integrated (millions of gates) digital designs
- Ability to develop automation scripts using Python or similar language
Work with cross functional teams to understand display requirements and functionality • Optimize the configuration and settings for display silicon for new products • Propose new features, capabilities, and performance requirements for new custom silicon • Validate key performance metrics for new custom silicon • Work with external silicon vendors and internal teams to resolve configuration and performance issues • Use existing silicon in our portfolio to enable prototypes to demonstrate new display features or technology
Education & Experience
BSEE + 5 years of experience working in EE, silicon, or FPGA design or applications