Apple Music - QA Automation Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
This team is more than a group of engineers — it’s a group of music lovers. That passion has made Apple Music the world’s most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music experts for 115 countries. The team’s data-driven engineers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple’s product groups. As a result, someone can use the Shazam app to identify an intriguing song in a café in the morning, add it to their playlist from Apple Watch, listen to it through their AirPods on their commute, and share it with their family on HomePod at dinnertime. And there’s more where that came from, because personalization powered by machine learning and music science helps listeners discover more of what they love. Apple Music is a big part of Apple’s business because it’s a big part of people’s lives.
- Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle and QA approaches
- Self motivated with proven track record to lead QA projects and contribute as part of team
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience in services and protocol testing, working with HTTP/JSON/REST APIs.
- Experience in qualifying cloud-based client/server technologies.
- Experience in API testing of media or data services
- Detailed understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools and techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills and a proven track record to deliver on objectives with little direction.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate testing responsibilities.
- Music and/or audio applications and services experience is preferred
- Experience using network monitoring and analytics tools; CharlesProxy, WireShark, and/or Splunk.
- Experience owning the qualification of cross-platform applications and service
You will be joining a team dedicated to creating best in class applications, services and tools that run across a variety of platforms. As a software QA Engineer, you will work closely with software development engineers, project management, as well as business and content teams to understand feature designs, technical implementation details and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and excellent problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaborate as needed with supporting teams.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.