AR/VR Software Development Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an AR/VR Software Development Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in exploring future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- Solid knowledge and experience with C++
- Good understanding and comfort with 3D math (linear algebra).
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the state-of-the-art of technology to find the best experiences for our products. You are comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers will work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- - Background in 3D rendering is a plus
- - Deep experience with at least one of Apple’s Rendering Frameworks (Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Text, etc)
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. This AR/VR Software Development Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace