AI/ML - Communication Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for an exceptional communication designer to join the AI/ML Chief of Staff team. The designers on this team are responsible for the design and art direction of core communications across the organization. Designers define the look and feel of AI/ML through visual storytelling, strategic creative direction, and a high level of execution. The Communication Designer will create innovative and compelling stories in a visual medium: Keynotes, videos, and other communication channels and formats. The designer will have the chance to own the art direction and execution to inspire the very people who create our extraordinary products. This role requires a highly collaborative team player who can build relationships with technical experts and leaderships. You will be part of a cross-functional team working on of design projects of varying scope and audiences. You will shape people’s experience through compelling visuals and messaging that keep the intended audiences in mind while maintaining Apple design quality.
- 3+ years professional experience with communication, instructional, and/or visual design
- BA degree in design related studies and/or a portfolio with examples in presentation support, communication design, video, instructional design or visual design.
- A keen eye for details and clean design aesthetic.
- Strong presentation skills—primarily creating of slides and understanding how to tell a compelling story.
- Experience in working with leaders to tell impactful stories, turning complex notions into engaging narrative.
- Excellent skills in video editing and Final Cut Pro or similar.
- Great sense of typography, illustration and visual composition highly desirable.
- Master at Keynote and other presentation tools.
- Experience using Sketch and other design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience creating graphic assets and templates.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience owning projects from concept to execution
- A deep understanding of the Apple design aesthetic.
- Experience in creating motion graphics a plus.
We are seeking a strong communication designer who will own all presentations and visual storytelling for AI/ML. Collaborate with designers, executives, project managers, and engineers to bring concepts to life. Create storyboards, designs and video that meet Apple standards for deliverables as needed. Develop high quality assets and resources for use across the organization. Ability to advocate for design standards with engineers, product managers, and executives. Take a complex technical concept and translate it into something simple.