Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS Data Services team is looking for a creative and motivated Database developer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. The work we do here has a large impact on Apple. It enables our internal businesses to do their best work, & provide rich, engaging experiences to our customers and partners. We would love to hear from you if you're enthusiastic, highly motivated, and want to make an impact! Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- Excellent knowledge of database concepts, coding and debugging PL/SQL (functions, triggers, procedures, packages)
- Experience with Oracle 12c or higher in working with various database objects
- Good understanding of reporting products such as Tableau
- Constructing and tuning/optimizing complex SQL queries to support reporting needs
- Significant Experience on Oracle Goldengate
- Proficiency in any of programming languages (Java, Python,Ruby etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across global business and technical teams
- Ability to independently learn new technologies
- Must be self-directed, analytical and work well in a large multi-functional environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience is creating and consuming restful web services
- As a Database developer you will be responsible for building the next generation of user experiences for various applications in IS Data services. - You will be challenged to find creative solutions to technical problems, feel comfortable working with complex systems and large data sets, collaborating in a global environment. - Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver a high-quality product is essential. - To be successful you are self-motivated; driven to exceed commitments. - You also need to exude strong collaboration skills and possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION: - Drive independently a project from inception to deployment with a solid focus on performance and robustness - Follow our software development process, including writing unit tests, perform code reviews etc. - Work effectively with cross-functional teams to develop features - Identify and build automation frameworks/scripts - Provide support for production deployments and maintenance - Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree with 2-4 years software development experience or Masters degree with 1-3 years software development experience, or equivalent.
- - Knowledge of WebLogic or similar product for installation and administration
- - Database administration experience
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Database Developer position starts at a minimum annual salary of $142,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.