Interconnect Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Electrical Interconnect team in SPG is responsible of wire harness manufacturing. You will play a key role in specifying, characterizing and validating interconnects. You will specify interfaces for various custom Apple systems and drive decisions in selecting and qualifying connectors. Systems cover wide range of interfaces including but not limited to high voltage, low voltage, high speed (multi gigabit)
- Candidate should have strong theoretical knowledge in the area of connectors and cable assemblies.
- Prior experience in performing testing to meet industry standards like USCAR, ISO, LV214, MIL-Spec etc.,
- Experience with high voltage interconnects and high voltage testing techniques.
- Ability to read and understand connector data sheet and identifying qualification plan to meet requirements beyond vendor specifications.
- Ability to drive cross-functional discussions and make key decisions regarding connectors and cables.
You will be responsible for identifying and selecting connectors based on internal requirements - EE, Mechanical, Reliability etc., • Understand SI concepts and experience with high speed (multi gigabit) connectors and cables is a plus - Thunderbolt, USB3, etc. • Experience with connector qualification and USCAR validation is a plus. • Experience in setting up EE, ME, REL tests and analyze reports and present data to cross-functional teams. • Extensive knowledge using lab instruments and measurements including power supplies, multimeters, batteries, power meters, E-load, reliability benches, temperature and humidity chambers etc., • up to 10% travel required
Education & Experience
• MSEE or BSEE with 2-3 years of experience in electrical interconnects. • 2-3 years in interconnect validation.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace