Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced software engineer to design, architect, and lead development of the next generation of supply chain focused internal software applications. These applications will be key to enabling real-time reporting, analysis, and insights about the Apple supply chain that delivers products our customers love. The right candidate will be able to collaborate with users, management, and technical peers across the company to develop solutions to solve increasingly complex problems. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer with several years of development experience who is passionate about highly intuitive user interface design, outstanding user experiences, and wants to directly impact Apple business operations.
- 5+ years software development experience designing and developing web applications with understanding of semantic markup & accessibility.
- Solid experience with PHP and PHP frameworks. (Laravel or Symfony is a plus)
- Experience with React.js and the React ecosystem (Redux/MobX).
- UI/UX design experience. Familiarity with Design Thinking is a plus. Ability to analyze business requirements and develop efficient solutions keeping UX principles at the forefront.
- Experience with microservice architecture & developing APIs / RESTful services (Go is preferred)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases. MySQL and PostgreSQL are a plus.
- Experience with Git and GitHub, well-practiced in Gitflow. Familiarity with CI / CD software and processes.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and performance tuning skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research and quickly work with new technologies.
We are looking for a self-motivated full-stack engineer who can be responsible for the design, development, and testing of rich web applications and components that support our supply chain business. You should have experience in UI design, building intuitive web applications, architecting, and implementing scalable services. As this team prides itself in embracing emerging technologies, you should have the ability to research, recommend and apply the most appropriate frond end frameworks and other modern web technologies. Working In collaboration with our business teams and technical partners, this role will work to actively improve the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our global Supply Chain teams through innovative software solutions. • Analyze complex business processes to be solved with automated systems that can scale to enterprise level requirements; serve as software architect for design, development, and management. • Distill business needs into software features through in-depth conversations with non-technical users and leadership. • Develop user-friendly and intuitive web applications. Quickly prototype new ideas for business validation, usability testing, and production-ready code. • Write clean, modular, robust code without supervision in a dynamic, iterative, and multi-release environment. Introduce automation into build processes. • Take lead on building strong relationships within Apple, structuring valuable discussions around user experience/challenges and turning insights into solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 3-5 years of software development experience.