Product Management Leader, Ads Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Advertising Platforms makes it possible for people around the world to easily access enlightening and imaginative content on their devices while helping advertisers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News, Search Ads in the App Store across 60 countries. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! We are looking for a curious and passionate product management leader who will help hire and develop a high tech team, and guide them to build the next generation of marketplace optimization algorithms using the latestst ML technology. A successful leader will be able to maximize platform value by optimally allocating ad opportunities across our demand partners. In this role, you’ll set the product vision and roadmap, and oversee development of yield management capabilities for our ad placements. You will need to understand the world of ML, optimization systems development, and data driven product management, orchestrate a product plan and schedule, successfully lead execution from development to launch, and continue to improve existing products.
- 8+ years of product management experience building ML software products
- 5+ years of building advertising technology including platforms (ad exchange, or supply side platform), ad networks (mobile), and search advertising in particular
- Demonstrated ability managing a hard-working Product Management team
- Experience building large scale ad auction, optimization or machine learning systems
- Strong track record of collaborating with engineers and ML scientists on technical design discussions and proposing simple, creative solutions to sophisticated problems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) and to drive appropriate performance tracking
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across partners
- Define product vision & roadmap for our marketplace optimization products, with a focus on building and improving yield management capabilities across our ad placements using the latest ML technology - Create and define metrics that measure health of our ad marketplace, and develop strategy to improve long-term marketplace health by balancing business, advertiser, and user needs - Work very closely with Data Insights and Engineering (including Privacy, Machine Learning, Data, Ad Serving, and Experimentation) teams to plan for, develop, and launch products at scale - Coordinate with other Product Managers to integrate development timelines (including customer interfaces, algorithms and data platform). - Manage Product Owners who function as the central resource with design, engineering, data science, and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Facilitate learning and identify opportunities for individual growth and development - Coach and develop Product Owners in agile development process, submitting thorough user stories for development. Comfortable coordinating with disparate scrum teams to achieve results - Attract, build, manage, and mentor a dedicated & diverse team of product managers
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Business or related areas
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.