Wireless Systems Engineer – RF Systems Cellular RAN5
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Our RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to define and lead 3GPP RAN5 technical standardization topics in 3GPP meetings representing Apple.
- Proficiency in RF, Demodulation and RRM aspects of 3GPP, GCF, PTCRB / GCF and carrier conformance requirements and implications to device and test equipment architectures, and performance tradeoffs.
- Proficiency in device certification processes on at least one (GCF, PTCRB) industry certifications or (FCC, EU, China) Regulatory compliance
- Direct hands-on experience with and proficient knowledge of underlying theory and techniques used in 2G, 3G, 4G LTE cellular technologies. Proficiency in 5G-FR1 or 5G-mmWave cellular technology is a plus.
- Experience as RAN5 delegate. Understanding of 3GPP RAN4 interaction with RAN5. Experience as RAN5 delegate towards 4G or 5G-FR1, FR2 cellular technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with different industry member across carrier, chipset and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of conducted RF and antenna characteristics impact to both conducted and radiated testing. Familiarity with test setups, radiated chambers and their calibrations & use.
- Experience with entire product development cycle of cellular handsets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be responsible for wireless systems-level aspects of cellular industry conformance, regulatory compliance, carrier requirements and use case performance in consumer products. Your responsibilities may include: • Defining and leading RAN5 technical standardization topics in 3GPP meetings representing Apple. • Steering, supporting and negotiating standardization activities on RAN5 topics with industry partners and contributors. • Collaborating in aligning common standardization goals for Apple between RAN1..RAN4 and RAN5 in support of Apple features. • Collaborating in performing experiments, simulation, etc. in support of RAN5 standardization topics. • Defining test plans and methodologies to quantify meeting industry, emissions & performance requirements aligned cross-functional partners and test equipment feature capability.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 7+ years of experience and/or master’s degree with 5+ years of experience. Master’s degree is preferred.