Silicon Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you like to work on ground breaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for excellence to work towards an extraordinary result? Envision what you could do here! At Apple, we believe new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple is looking for qualified, motivated silicon validation engineers. You will be working as part of a team doing pre/post-silicon bring- up, debug, and validation of wireless sub-systems. This position is for a senior engineer with experience in system validation, who understands that the tight interaction between pre-silicon design and post-silicon validation is the key to shipping quality products. In this role, you will work closely with both IC design teams, FPGA emulation teams as well as firmware and system teams within Apple as we drive execution from first silicon through to mass-production release. You will be expected to participate in all levels of this process, including the definition of custom board-level hardware for IC bring-up and test, defining and executing validation plans, and working with module and system teams to support their design integration and debug of system-level issues.
- 6 + years’ total experience in the areas of system validation and ASIC design validation.
- Proven experience with design, simulation, debug, and performance analysis of high-speed digital ICs.
- Strong bringup and debugging skills and hands-on lab work. Experience with complex test equipment setups.
- Expertise in Software Automation Skills in Python.
- Strong technical background in FPGA prototype emulation, and debug
- Strong technical background in silicon validation, failure analysis and debug
- Design with RTL coding in Verilog is a must
- Good knowledge of validating system-level designs based on embedded processors and peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART, JTAG, PCIe
- Prior hands-on automation script development and optimization (using C, Python).
- Well-versed in the usage of advanced lab equipment (scopes, BERTs, programmable power supplies, spectrum analyzer, etc).
- Proven Analytical and Problem Solving Abilities.
- Knowledge and experience in embedded firmware development is big plus
- Knowledge of one or more of wireless technologies like Thread, WLAN, UWB, Bluetooth is desirable
Develop and execute comprehensive validation plans for system based on our custom silicon. Validate validation tests using real time FPGA emulation platform Develop automation software and scripts for measurement data collection and analysis. Drive the debug and resolution of engineering issues working with cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or related fields
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.