Diffractive Optics Designer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Do something different! Apple is looking for a world class engineer that can help identify and incubate new display technologies. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to shape the display related technologies that go into Apple products. A successful candidate will not only need to identify new tech, but also educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. This position is focusing on the identification, prototyping, and communication of display technologies for future Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self- motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area. Join us! It’s going to be awesome!
- Engineering background in displays, optics, photonics, or physics
- Prior experience in optical component tolerance analysis and manufacturable / scalable design
- Optical diffractive element Modeling and characterization
- Statistical analysis of data for process specifications
- Strong presentation, communication, analytical, critical thinking
- Implementing Design For Manufacturing for diffractive grating waveguide design - Establish diffractive component tolerance and set specification for manufacturable design - Implement input from vendor to understand process capability and feed that into design - Work with process team to define robust design compatible with large process window - Defining GDS mask /MCO to support design requirement and downstream integration
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Optical Science/Engineering, EE, Human Perception or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Experience in consumer electronics and optics/process development
- - Experience managing domestic and international vendors
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Diffractive Optics Designer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.