Postgres Database Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a hardworking Database Engineer to help lead large-scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever-growing business and data processing needs. If you love to take on internet-scale challenges, then this is the right job for you! This team provides database solutions to Maps, Siri, Music, iCloud, App Store, Hardware, and Software Engineering. Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. We enable engineers to build great products! Open to relocation to: Austin, TX Elk Grove, CA Seattle, WA Dallas, TX Denver, CO Raleigh, NC
- Good knowledge in optimizing and performance tuning of Postgres including drill-down analysis
- Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting replication
- Background in building large infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission-critical environment
- Experience administering multi-terabyte databases
- Proficiency with SQL, Shell/Python/Perl/GO
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Out of the box thinking. Must be able to think multiple solutions to same problem.
We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals to join the Global Data Services team to lead the Postgres database platform. In this role you will help build and run the RDBMS platform that delivers Apple services to all of its customers around the world and help us build the Apple experience on a global scale. The expectations from the job position would be: - You will be responsible for administration of production, QA and development database infrastructure - Database Infrastructure Setup, Configuration, upgrading/Patching, Monitoring and troubleshooting - Build the automation scripts for database infrastructure - Implementing standard methodologies for DR and Backups - Measurement and optimization of system performance capacity planning and forecast management - Be able to do performance benchmarking between either two versions of same database technology or two different database technologies - Manage the databases deployed in Cloud Infrastructure including AWS and Kubernetes - Position may require 12x7 on-call support rotation with other team members. - AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate is nice to have
Education & Experience
BE/B-Tech or ME/M-Tech in Computer Science / related fields or equivalent work experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Postgres Database Engineer position starts at a minimum annual salary of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.