Senior Product Manager - Apple Cloud Services (ACS) / Observability
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple is growing our Apple Cloud Service (ACS) team and looking for a Technical Product Manager to help shape the future of Apple's internal cloud services. This is a strategic role that requires a collaborative approach with excellent social skills and a blend of business and technical skills. Bring your experience in cloud technologies and infrastructure for phenomenal use. You will define the roadmap based on customer requirements and industry best practices. You will own product and feature definition collaborating with a brilliant team of engineers, program managers and site reliability engineers. At Apple create products and experiences that delight and surprise customers. We pride ourselves in being a diverse and inclusive place to work!
- 5-7+years Product Management Experience from inception to production.
- Passionate about cloud infrastructure and cloud services.
- Product sense and experience driving product vision, design discussions, defining support model and go-to-market strategies for managed services.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with experience managing and motivating cross functional teams and influencing partners without direct authority.
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills.
- Understanding of cloud based architectures for compute and storage.
- Understanding cloud ecosystems and able to drive evaluation and roadmapping customers for external and internal infrastructure decisions.
- Understanding of industry trends and technology offerings to intersect current solutions for future offerings to recognize performance and efficiency opportunities for Apple.
- Experience communicating technical challenges that may affect business timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence and build consensus using collaboration.
In this role you will be a member of Apple Cloud Services Product Management team and help advance our cloud strategy by engaging with ACS customers to align requirements with the right solutions which deliver products and services that meet customer needs. You will provide insight to our internal infrastructure teams by mapping out solutions for sophisticated technical challenges. You’ll provide direction, mitigate risk and offer solutions tailored for business needs. Projects will modernize processes for existing workloads to build advanced cloud-native solutions. We must craft and execute to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and meet utilization targets. You bring a balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills to drive collaboration and coordinate with partners throughout the organization. You’ll partner with engineering, infrastructure, platform and SRE teams to align on operational priorities and roadmaps.
Education & Experience
BS, MS and/or MBA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- - Experience developing and or running infrastructure managed services, PaaS, SaaS and or developer tools.
- - Familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Apache Kafka, Postgres, Redis, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, Prometheus and Grafana.
- - Experience managing cloud or cloud customers with GCP, AWS and/or Azure
- - Experience influencing cloud provider roadmaps to align service offerings for operational needs
- - Experience with infrastructure, compute, or storage platform operations, including design, implementation, and maintenance of capacity management