Test and Evaluation Engineer, Autonomous Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Contribute towards the development of bringing autonomous systems to the real world.We are looking for adaptive and skilled software engineers that enjoys solving and pivoting in various problem areas in the task of testing and evaluating product-level autonomous systems.
- 3+ years developing software towards production-level software/products & experience in system test, automation and root-cause analysis
- Experience developing automated test sets and evaluation systems.
- Experience defining requirements and design docs for new tools to increase testing capabilities
- Experience in at least two of: Robotic systems (particularly autonomous systems), Data Science and Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with experimental design loops for integrated SW/HW systems
- Familiarity in continuous build, integration, test and delivery systems.
- Proficiency in Python and modern C++ (with experience in pipelines and workflows in Python), Experience in Git (optional: Gerrit)
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve project goals
- Nice to have: Experience developing automated HIL test sets and evaluation systems.
Apple's Test/QA team in the special projects group is looking for a software engineer to help with the implementation of the next generation of its testing frameworks for autonomous systems. We are looking to accelerate the development of the autonomous system by providing a workflow that can efficiently identify, close and monitor testing gaps. We also strive to ensure these new tools/tests are delivering measurable improvements. You would join an existing team with extensive experience in SPG and work closely with the developers and maintainers of the current system, used daily to run high volume of complex computational tests. We welcome new contributors who are excited by the opportunity to have a significant impact from the start.
Education & Experience
B.S, M.S., PhD in Robotics or Computer Science, or another related field. Relevant professional experience to the above qualifications. Experience in data analytics, visualization, and statistical methods is preferred.