Thin Film Equipment Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have a great opportunity for Senior Level Thin Film Equipment Engineer to drive tool improvements and increase equipment availability. To work with a world class, staff to advance groundbreaking technology with the Hardware Technology Team.
- 10 years of experience maintaining, repairing, and upgrading PVD, CVD, Evaporation, and Plasma Etch systems
- Proven understanding of Vacuum Technology, Including Cryogenic, Turbomolecular, Rotary Vane and Screw Pumps. Proven understanding of Ion, Convectron and Capacitance Vacuum measurement gauges.
- Clear understanding of facilities requirements for individual tooling such Power, Exhaust, Gas, PCW, CDA, and seismic tie downs.
- Be able to collaborate with tool owners on critically important tools to optimize vacuum, electrical, and software reliability.
- Full knowledge of key vacuum diagnostic systems such as Residual Gas Analyzers and Helium Leak Detectors.
- Report status of tool improvement projects and key tool metrics in detailed presentations to upper management.
- Experience with industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies. Work experience with high-volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
• Perform equipment upgrades to increase tool reliability and efficiency • Apply key tool failure metrics like MTBF and MTTR to analyze and improve periodic maintenance programs. • Develop and improve current periodic maintenance documentation. • Work with vendors, engineers, and technicians to identify critical spare parts and implement programs to keep inventories at optimal levels. • Work with EH&S staff to identify safety issues with Tooling and Labs and implement corrective action. • Provide key input during the tool selection process by providing an equipment maintenance perspective. • Apply previous experience to negotiate spare parts and field service contracts with Vendors.
Education & Experience
• BSEE / BSME /Preferred • Would consider applicants with BSBM degree and 10 years’ experience.