Sensor Process Engineer (Japan)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to design and enable spectacular new and challenging features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those challenges as robustly and as creatively as possible and is looking for people who want to be a part of our Camera Sensing Devices Hardware team. The Camera Hardware team is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. As a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for working with suppliers to help design and bring up new sensing devices to enhance performance and yields. You will work with operations engineering on yield issues, as well as work with suppliers on process development to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- You will have over 5 years of sensor process development experience
- Design and manufacturing experience in optoelectronic devices
- Hands-on experience with modern 300mm Silicon semiconductor process technology. Assembly process experience is a plus.
- Ability to use contemporary and industry standard process monitoring tools to statistically evaluate the performance of a manufacturing cell or module
- Ability to define simulations and work with physicists in realizing realistic simulations of new ideas
- Strong device physics, excellent analytical and problem analysis
- Ability to work closely with others in a very multi-functional team environment
- Demonstrated success with several designs fabricated in modern groundbreaking foundries or captive fabs
- Experience developing sensor specifications and working with new sensor development
- Deep knowledge of industry standards
As a Sensor Process Engineer, owning the semiconductor processes (and the specs for the processes) you will: - Collaborate with global sensor suppliers to evaluate their manufacturing capability and to create an Apple specific roadmap. - Work with design teams to assure that the process roadmap will meet our needs. - Work with suppliers on new product development, performance and yield improvement, reliability qualification, and fab qualification. - Collaborate with the internal and external teams to implement new process technologies. - Work with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. - Keep track of the process nodes and PDK’s used on all of our Sensors and maintain our Sensor process roadmap.
Education & Experience
5+ years’ experience with MSc/PhD in physics, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.