Apple Professional Learning Specialist - California State University
Los Angeles, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. For over 40 years, we’ve had the privilege of working alongside educators around the world. From that experience, we know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the unique genius in every learner, so they can make a difference. As an Apple Professional Learning Specialist working directly with the California State University system, you will help transform their teaching and learning environments with Apple technology. You will provide leadership and strategic planning support, build professional learning plans, and offer hands-on coaching and mentoring to support faculty in advancing their technology integration with an emphasis on innovation. This is a full-time corporate position with Apple for approximately one year and can be located in any major city within Southern California.
- 10+ years of experience in education as both an educator and leader at the Higher Education level.
- Strong executive presence, including excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills, strategic planning, and business acumen to successfully focus on implementation and integration of one-to-one technology at deep instructional levels.
- Extensive knowledge of educational trends in learning technology and professional learning in face-to-face, virtual, and blended learning environments.
- Proven expertise in professional learning, curriculum development, lesson planning, educational technology, and content creation.
- Ability to lead a team to build and strengthen their capacity.
- Ability to create end-to-end learning experiences and build a consistent learning journey and program to support educators.
- Superb writing, editing, and contextualizing skills with a deep knowledge of learning design and coaching models to develop and support a complex scope and sequence in the design of training opportunities.
- Expertise in collaborating cross-functionally with partners of different backgrounds and perspectives while ensuring alignment and consistent messaging across multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Apple’s ecosystem and presentation software applications, including Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, GarageBand, and Clips.
- Ability to learn, navigate, and create opportunities with little to no oversight to analyze, build, and assess different learning environments (asynchronous, synchronous, and virtual).
- Exceptional decision-making abilities, tenacity, conviction, and attention to detail.
At the start of the Fall 2021 term, eight CSU campuses collectively distributed more than 22,700 iPad technology bundles (iPad Air, Apple Pencil and Apple Smart Keyboard Folio) to incoming first-year and transfer students as part of CSUCCESS (California State University Connectivity Contributing to Equity and Student Success). Now spanning 14 of the 23 CSU campuses, this program has already made significant inroads into improving digital equity on CSU campuses across the state. In this role, you will: - Collaborate with leadership to develop strategic and effective professional learning strategy that supports CSUCCESS and the goals of the California State University System. - Successfully implement programs in collaboration at all levels of the university system. - Design a system of faculty development and support for maximizing the impact of student and faculty devices. - Deliver high quality professional learning for University faculty throughout the California State University System. - Customize professional learning using a variety of strategies and based on individual needs. - Handle both leadership and educator professional learning to provide the necessary skills to support the effective use of digital resources. - Work to engage Apple’s education leadership as well as Apple Campus leaders in support of CSUCCESS. - Design and implement qualitative and quantitative metrics to support continuous improvement and to communicate the success of the program.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required - Master's degree or Doctorate preferred