Sr. Software QA Engineer, Safari & WebKit
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Safari and WebKit team is looking for a Sr. QA Engineer to help deliver the next generation Safari browser to customers on both iOS and macOS. We're looking for critical thinkers to play a key role qualifying Safari software releases and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. We need someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to help build better products.
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage problems and independently work towards results.
- Ability to think creatively with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity in test automation.
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
The Safari and WebKit team is responsible for user-focused testing of the Safari browser, as well as uses of the WebKit framework in products such as; iTunes, Mail, and Messages. As a part of our team, you will be responsible for planning, crafting, maintaining and executing test cases. You will work to identify, reproduce and isolate bugs found through concise bug reporting. Excellent communication skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with; engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple, as well as the larger developer community. You will need to be highly technical, organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent.