Worldwide Education Strategic Initiatives Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. For over 40 years, we’ve had the privilege of working alongside educators around the world. From that experience, we know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the unique genius in every learner, so they can make a difference. Apple is seeking a dynamic education professional to join the Worldwide Education Strategy and Programs team. The Worldwide Education team is responsible for the overall strategy for engaging with customers and the development of programs, content, and training that supports the Worldwide Apple Education sales teams. In this highly strategic role, you will lead the lead the strategic education initiatives work stream, globally. This role requires a deep understanding of the education policy, practice, and governmental landscape as well as the education technology industry, along with proven expertise in advancing impactful strategic relationships and action oriented programming that furthers student engagement and learning at all levels. In this position, you will stay up-to-date on education policy, research, funding, and practice, as one of the “go-to” experts inside Apple and amongst our customers. This position is located on-site at our Apple campus in Cupertino, CA.
- 10+ years of leadership experience within an education or corporate environment preferred.
- Strategic thought leader with broad scale understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing education globally and experience with how technology can help address challenges.
- Deep understanding of government engagement, policy, and funding of education.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a global context and collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders of different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Exemplary leadership skills to inspire and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with sales and marketing and demonstrated business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills; Strong presentation skills with stellar written, verbal and listening abilities.
- Experience developing original content, presentations, and collateral to promote programs, initiatives, resources.
- Project management expertise and ability to manage multiple work-streams, timelines, and deliverables.
- Exceptional decision-making abilities, tenacity, conviction, passion for excellence, and attention to detail.
In this role, you will: - Develop, execute, track, and measure the impact of our strategic relationships worldwide. - Create and support the local implementation of select strategic initiatives worldwide. - Design innovative programs demonstrating Apple leadership and driving impact on student learning. - Understand and advance Apple’s values with education stakeholders worldwide. - Keep track of important funding initiatives worldwide. - Act as trusted advisor across the education business, sustain a collaborative community and best practice sharing, and drive innovation and impact. - Design and deliver inspirational virtual and physical customer experiences and content that excite the community, nurture relationships, further Apple values, and support sustainable customer success. - Work cross-functionally with Government Relations, Apple Professional Learning, World Wide Education leadership, and Product Marketing teams to expand reach and impact.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. - Master's degree or Doctorate preferred.