Senior ML Researcher - App Store Search Ranking - AMP AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, query understanding, retrieval and ranking
- Experience working with search relevance and ranking algorithms.
- Experience in training large-scale machine-learning models for online search, recommendation, ads ranking, or personalization etc.
- Experience in deep learning
- Technical leadership in machine learning.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
- Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
As a machine learning applied researcher on the App Store Search Relevance team, you will have many responsibilities. On this team we research and innovate machine learning approaches to improve search relevance and ranking, and we analyze search ranking and relevance requirements, issues and opportunities. We build machine learning models for search relevance, ranking and query understanding problems. We perform hands-on analysis and modeling with enormous data sets to develop insights and run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of our optimizations, and communicate your results to various business stakeholders. Applied researchers collaborate with engineers to constantly test customer facing changes to our underlying algorithms and models.
Education & Experience